A very brief update this month as I am out-of-town. October was the second proper month of my dividend investing strategy. I had estimated that I would receive around CAD 380 in dividends and the actual value was CAD 374. Here's is the graph of dividend earnings to date.
This blog was always meant to be more than just dividend income but I've yet to post anything other than that. Not because I haven't done anything but rather that the other methods of generating passive income are either not developed yet or haven't brought in enough money to be worth reporting. Print On Demand falls into the latter category. I've been dabbling in it for almost a year but the total income it has brought in is.....wait for it..... $3.29. Yes, that's a whole $3.29. Thank you to my unknown Australian buyer! It is actually quite humbling to know that someone in a far away land is wearing a t-shirt with one of your designs on it. Print On Demand (POD) is one of those areas that, if you go by Youtube videos, promises to be an easy, surefire way to generate passive income. Slap together some designs, upload them to Redbubble and the other POD sites and watch the money roll in. It's not like that at all. Well, not for the majority. I'm sure there ar...
Total dividends received for April 2022 was $456. No quarterly dividends to boost the numbers this month. April was tax return time too and it brought with it the fact that according to the CRA I had exceeded my TFSA contribution limit by $250. That was a poor bit of book-keeping on my part and I have now improved the way I record money entering and leaving the TFSAs. And I've removed the excess $250. Hopefully, the fine won't be too much.
Comments
Post a Comment